Sunday, April 10, 2016

Loosing Nurse Practioner

Don't want to do this at all, but there isn't a choice. It is going to happen whether i want it to or not.
I found out that my psychiatric nurse practioner (Judy) is taking a different position. This means that I won't be able to see her anymore. It makes me very sad. 
She told me that there is going to be a transition period. Not sure what that means or how long. One of my ts wants me to think about how I want it to happen. Do I want to be introduced to this new person, then have her sit in on an appointment? Do I just want to do it? How long do I want it to take? I am not sure that dragging it out will be the best thing.. Neither am I wanting to do it cold turkey. This is hard... Hard... Hard. 😥
Sigh. Gesh... i don't want it to happen at all. It is though. Now I need to try to think this through. It's very hard for me and sad. We don't want to say goodbye... Not at all. Good bye is such a difficult thing for me anyways.  That is going to be how it is going to happen and I know this. 
Has anyone ever read Kathy Broady's article on loosing a therapist? https://discussing-dissociation.com/2009/11/10/when-you-suddenly-lose-your-therapist/ 
I Have...many times.   Don't want to do this at all, but there isn't a choice. It is going to happen whether II want it or not. 
I am experiencing much of what Kathy writes about including suicidal ideation. I am slipping into depression and not dealing with this well at all. 
I don't want to loose my Judy.. 
It's happening...😥😢😭

No comments:

Post a Comment