Monday, March 2, 2015

Time Loss

For a very long time, I have felt odd. I wasnt sure why I could not recall a signicant piece of my life. It was just gone. When I would ask people about things in my childood, the conversation would go around the death of my father and my sister. People would tell me "how young" I was. This explanation sufficed for a time.
Later more blanks would show up. People my age would recall things. They would talk about sleepovers. They would talk about a year in school I would not remember. There was a big blank. There were compete years I had no memory of at all.
These things still occur. I have memory of some of my teen years but, before that is very little. It's hard for me to relate to people who have all these memories that I don't. I want to "belong" but this is one area I feel so out of place.
I wonder sometimes: Where did it go? Did I just forget it?

No comments:

Post a Comment