Monday, July 24, 2017

I can only move forward

I have made many regrets in my life. One of them is deleting a past blog. There were some writings ther that I would have liked to have had. They are gone now... deleted.
I had to stop and think about why I would have possibly wanted to delete that? It was being created during such torment. I had a lot of dissociative episodes then, who knows?
I can't take any of that back now. There is a lot of my history gone that I had posted on the internet that I can't have now.
There are other things I would like back too. I can't get those either. Loss of relationships, loss of jobs, loss of people I don't have contact with, and many more.
I can only move forward.. saving what I can when I can. I can choose to regret these losses or embrace the facts that there are many things that come and go in life. I can choose to learn from all encounters. I can learn from painful experiences. I can choose to allow that pain to be transformed into strength. I can choose defeat. I can choose triumph.
Which will I choose?
I don't have to choose to remain in painful places. I can choose to get out of them. Even if it seems impossible, I can make a small choice today to get me out of any where I want. I can make a plan.
I can look at roadblocks as an impass. I can choose not to even try something else. I can choose to try something else, just once. Trying again and again until I find the path that I want.
I don't have to stay here in misery. I can choose help. I can choose to help myself. I can ask others for help. I don't have to believe that I am a bother to others. Instead, I can ask and see what the response is over and over.
I don't have to listen to my thoughts about myself or others, especially if it is negative or defeating. I can look at the facts and determine what to do next.
I can move forward.. so can you.
Despite everything.. I can move...

To anyone feeling stuck out there.. I understand. I hear you. I still struggle with this thinking. It doesn't have to be this way.. You can choose today this moment.. to do something different. Whatever that might be..

I can only move forward.. from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment