Sunday, March 26, 2017

To my children

I want to tell each one of you just how proud I am of each of you. You have grown to be beautiful and strong.
I have definitely made some mistakes raising you.
My children will know who I am taking about and I will not drag them through mud. It is not my intention to hurt any one of them..
I did react to what was said about the diagnosis of DID personally. I offer no excuses for that. I did not use any skills when I was emotionally disregulated. I DID reach out to a professional (Kathy Broady) for help. I was feeling extremely vulnerable and questioning my diagnosis. NONE of that has ANYTHING to do with you.
Kathy's response to me on this blog is her response. She is correct. In all of it.
I am truly sorry if you have interpreted a personal attack on your character. I NEVER mean it in this way. The experiences I write about have to do with my view. Not the facts. There is a difference.
The fact is that the words chosen was that DID is a controversial diagnosis. Ok. So, I took it wrong. I took it personally. That is my mistake and I'm sorry.
I am human and make mistakes. I can not change the past. I can only move forward and change what I have found to be a flaw.
Each one of my children have pointed out some pretty big flaws.
I want you to know I am working on being a better parent and grandparent. I am trying to look at things through your eyes.
I will never know exactly how you feel or experiencing things. I can only go by what you tell me.
I can understand the feelings from a mother having favoritism. I have experienced those. I believe it's common among families.
It is NOT my intention to express that. I am sorry you have felt this way.
How can I be better? I have asked for advice from you and am working hard on this.
This is my PUBLIC post to tell you I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I lashed out at you. I took something you said personally. Please forgive me.
For others reading this page.. know that I have made a misinterpretation of words. I do this often and am working very hard to change this.
As far as favoritism... I understand how that looks and feels. I am sorry you have felt this way. I do want to be a part of every one of my children's lives.
Because all of you are adults.. it's your choice. All I can do is keep reaching out. It is your choice to receive me or not.
I will continue to make mistakes. I will continue to try to resolve behavior.
This is my public appology.. and admitting to my responses and behavior.
I lashed out and attaked you. I have made many mistakes. I hope you each know that I am aware of many of these mistakes.
I pray every day that I can be a better parent to you all. I want you to know that I am working hard on myself... both for myself and also for you.
I love you all very much. ❤️❤️💖💖💕💕💕💕

No comments:

Post a Comment