Saturday, October 29, 2016

Daddy's Pipe

My daddy died when I was young. My family would often tell me that I "should" not remember him or very little of him. I have been told MANY times that he was gone a lot. (What ever that means.)
It's true that I don't have much memory of daddy. The other day when I was driving my car, I had the strong smell of my daddy's pipe. I could smell it distinctly as it filled my nose and into my throat. I could feel his breath even.. and the warmth of his chest.
I just said out loud..."Well hello, daddy! How are you today?"
Just like that, it went away.
I was once advised not to talk to the dead. That day in the car, may have been a memory. Who knows? I just don't ever want the things I hold dear to drift away. I didn't see the "harm" in acknowledging my memory.. my daddy.
I love you daddy.. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment